Preferred Publisher creates the ability to designate a single Publisher as preferred within a specific time period. When a Publisher is designated as Preferred Publisher, they will receive commission for any transaction in which they generated a valid click within the look back period.
Benefits of Preferred Publisher include:
- Ability to utilize paid placements without significantly increasing costs and offered for specific amount of time
- Publishers are commissioned for their hard work for a valid click anywhere in the clickstream
Setting up Preferred Publisher
- Only 1 publisher can be designated as ‘preferred’ during a time period
- Preferred publishers can be scheduled in advance.
- The advertiser must have dynamic tracking to take advantage of Preferred Publisher
Preferred Publisher can be enabled under Settings > Attribution Settings
This page will allow you to
- View Preferred Publishers
- Add a Preferred Publisher
- Enable the feature
How to edit Preferred Publishers
- Choose ‘edit’ on the View Preferred Publishers page.
- For Scheduled Preferred Publishers all fields are editable
- For Active Preferred Publishers, only End Date is editable
Preferred Publisher Reporting
- New filter option for preferred publisher within Reports > Attribution
- Only orders where the publisher received commission because of Preferred Publisher functionality will appear
- Will not show orders where they would have received credit anyway
Please download our User Guide to serve as a reference.